Tuesday 7 July 2015

Behind The Scenes Tips From Wonderful Wall Art Creative Stamping

Have you seen the wonderful Summer Collection stamps that come with the current issue of Creative Stamping yet? When I first saw these stamps I was immediately transported to summer holidays and bright colours.

A sneak peek into Creative Stamping issue 25

I don't know if I am allowed to have favourites from the set but I really love the flamingo stamp (flamingos are SO hot right now!) and the bird of paradise. I mean the rest of the stamps are pretty gorgeous too but those popped out first for me.

My article was all mixed media wall art inspiration using the collection and you can see all the details and projects in Creative Stamping Issue 25. But I do have a picture that didn't make it into the magazine just for YOU.

Using mock ups to design wall art

It is a little peak into how I set about designing the Bird of Paradise project from the article and a couple of handy tips for your projects:

1. Mock It Up!
I often mock up my makes before glueing down to give me an idea about placement of the elements. I use the items themselves or, like in the case of the stamped bird, I stamp it on spare paper, roughly cut it out and use it to help decide where things need to go.

2.  Don't Freak Out!
Later in the process I stamped the bird of paradise on the canvas board then proceeded to cover it up with paint. It can be a bit scary to do this. But don't freak out about losing all the lovely stamp details. You will lose a bit of the detail but you will also add a bit of your own details that will make the final project unique to you.

Two general rules of thumb that can be applied to a lot of situations really, I use them a lot.  For pictures of the finished wall art and instructions on how to make them check Creative Stamping 25 and when you do come back and give me a shout as to which of the stamps from the Summer Collection are your favourites!


Kim

Kim Dellow Blog post signature







Feel free to share this blog post on social media. 

*Heart* you.

2 comments:

  1. Your work is just wonderful! Now I am off to dive into your tutorials ;) -
    PS I you haven´t yet, please enter my giveaway it ends soon!! ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Conny and thanks for the link, good luck with the giveaway. Kx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx