Tuesday 2 August 2011

Stamping With ZIG Fabricolor Twin Pens

Thought I would play with some fabric for this week's Make The Day Special make. I've been meaning to try out the ZIG Fabricolor Twin pens so I've used them to colour and stamp on some calico to make this little flower ATC.

I've used stamps from the Unity Adventures in Happiness Store kit


If you are interested here is a quick step by step for this project, so time to grab that coffee!

You Will Need:
Stamps: Unity Adventures in Happiness Store kit
Colouring: ZIG Fabricolor Twin pens
Substrate: Card (thin); Calico
Usual Suspects: Bondaweb; Scissors
Equipment: Heat Tool; Iron; Sewing Machine
Other: Craft mat (or stick free surface); Threads; Baking paper; Spray bottle of water; ZIG Water Colour System BrusH20


Prepare The ATC
Cut the thin card to ATC size (2.5 by 3.5 inches) and iron on some Bondaweb to fit the ATC. Don't forget to use your baking paper to protect your iron from the Bondweb!

Rip the Calico to fit the front of the ATC and iron into the Bondweb side of the card.


Colour The ATC
I used the 'Scribble' Technique to colour the ATC, so scribble the brush end of the ZIG Fabricolor Twin pen onto your stick free surface and spritz with water then use the fabric side of the ATC to pick up the droplets of colour. Dry with a heat tool if you are as impatient as me! Repeat this until you achieve a look you are happy with.


Stamp The Image
Again using the brush end of the ZIG Fabricolor Twin pen to colour the Unity Adventures in Happiness Store kit stamp and spray with a fine mist of water before stamping. I wanted the sentiment to be merged into the background so I stamped on a spare piece of paper first before my ATC.

The beauty of the pens is that you can put different colours precisely where you want them on the stamp and I stamped the flowers using different colours.


Add Defining Touches
I then used the bullet tip end of the ZIG Fabricolor Twin pen to define some of the areas of the image and added shading by 'pulling' the colour across with a ZIG Water Colour System BrusH20.

When I was happy with the look a gave it a final pass over with the iron (again using the baking sheet to protect the iron) to dry and fix the colour.


Add Some Stitching
I got my baby out (aka Sewing Machine) to add some machine stitching and 'Voila' one fabric ATC coloured and stamped.




There is just something about the texture of colour on calico that I just love!

Happy Creating!
Kim

ps. scroll down for some lovely Blog Candy give away news




Pin It

18 comments:

  1. Kim wow what for a wonderful fabric card.
    This is gorgeous. Love the flowers. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! Really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely piece - really lovely Kim.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous , Kim, love the texture and simple design, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful. And it is so simple wen you show it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using calico for stamping. Love your creation and I love the added stitching. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful piece, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, love the look of the pens on the fabric!
    (Oh, and I really like your nails as well, so cool! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty Kim, love it!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found you through your interview in La-de-da and I was very taken with your points of view on life. Way to go Lady!!!!
    Chris Arlington

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet - out of my realm of practice but it would love to receive something like that for a special occasion! Oh and can I say, LOVING the nail varnish?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous Kim.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ATC, love the use of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little fabric card is lovely. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tutorial Kim - I mostly work with fabric and threads so it is good to find new techniques to incorporate stamps and fabric pens etc - brill. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful fabric ATC and a great demo Kim. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Supercool ATC! Great idéa with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx