Saturday 2 October 2010

World Card Making Day With Quixotic Paperie


Celebrate World Card Making Day with a Festival of Favourites! 

The Quixotic Paperie DT thought it would be fun to mark this year's World Card Making Day with a mini blog hop looking at our favourite Quixotic Paperie DT projects, products from the shop and card making tips, so grab a cuppa and join us! 

We would love to hear about your favourite projects, products from Quixotic Paperie or your favourite tips so feel free to share! 

One of my favourite Quixotic Paperie makes (apart from everything my team mates make!) is a card I made in January with the lovely Jerry from Paper Make-Up Stamps, so cute:


Materials: Paper Make-Up Stamps Jerry, Basic Grey Sugar Rush, Nesties


My favourite Quixotic Paperie Products: 

Elaine has so many things I love that I was mooching through the shop trying to pick some for this post and I just kept seeing things that were on my favourite or wish list! I tried to narrow it down otherwise this post would go on forever!

Well I can safely say that I love pretty much all of The Greeting Farm Stamps but here are a few of my favourite things that are a little less obvious looking at my blog :)

I just love this stamp from Prima:



Something I thought I would not need but as soon as I got it I was totally in love is the Bazzill Jewel Templates:



Then there are the gorgeous Graphic 45 papers, such wonderful designs and such beautiful quality I want to frame them!



My favourite tips:

1. I often 'gut' my papers to make them go a bit further, i.e. if I am layering papers I will cut out the bits of the papers that are covered and you don't see - makes me feel a bit better about using up my favourite papers LOL!

2. When I am sewing papers I sitck them together with a thin layer of silicone glue rather than useing double-sided tape so that I don't gum-up my needle with glue.

3. To make my double-sided tape go further I will often cut a strip the length I want then cut that in half lengthwise with stick-resistant scissors - and there you have it two strips for the price of one LOL!
 

There is more to see at the following wonderful blogs:

Emma - Something Sweet
Kim Dellow - Crafty Makes (You Are Here!)

Enjoy the hop and don't forget to share your favourites on your blog (link back to us so that we can see them) or in the comments as you hop around!



14 comments:

  1. this is adorable!! love it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tips Kim! that 'gutting' one is genius!!!! happy world card making day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, love this little guy, so cute, great in lime green as well! Will you stop tempting me! I've got to save for Christmas not go shopping again. Did you see I'd got the beautiful Kraftin Kimmie mummy stamp? Oh yes she is a star and gorgeous, so I should hop back to Quixotic should I?
    Oh well maybe just a quick look! Have a lovely weekend :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s, forgot to say, Thanks for the hot tips:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim! Haven't visited in awhile. :) Your card is so cute! I am loving the details! My fave product from QP would be the rubber stamps - not that I own them all - they all are darling - I just can't buy them all! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bears expression is just brilliant...help!!!! lol, love it. Those papers are gorgeous, ooh I wish I had those. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Kim, great image and colour combo. I like how you did the sentiment
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. so a cute card kim
    xxoo BA

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Kim.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim, some great tips that you have shared, thanks.

    I especially like the one when sewing, must give that a go.

    hugs Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card Kim, great shape, fab colours and a cute bear!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. your card is just too cute! Love it!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card!! Great colours!
    Have a nice day!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww...this is adorable!!! Love the shape of your card, great colours, love how you broke up the word and the button detailing is great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx