Friday 21 November 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different

Well it is still a card so it is not that completely different. So for something slightly different here is a lighthouse card. Specifically the Trevose Head lighthouse in Cornwall, I wanted a Cornish lighthouse as the person this card is for has a strong connection to Cornwall, I just hope they like lighthouses :)


Edit: Thanks Diane for reminding me to enter this to the BasicGrey challenge this week which is for the boys! Bless me I had checked out the challenges at the beginning of the week but was so obsessed with getting the commission done (well I had been mulling them over for a few weeks now and deadline was today!) it just dropped out of my head!

Materials:
Image - Sketched from a photo
Colouring - Caran D'Ache coloured pencil and blending stump
Ink - VersaFine sepia
Papers - Basic Grey
Usual Suspects - Trimmer; Double-sided tape; glue dots; Silicone glue
Other - Hemp string; Charm; Button; Fine marker

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card,Kim!Like the charms too.

    Have you enetered BG challenge? it is Mens Cards this week!!! :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card Kim, I love Cornwall and I'm quite partial to lighthouses too...it's not for me is it?
    Seriously, I love the colours and embellishments you've chosen to go with this, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning card. i love your sketch and the greens are beautiful! :)
    F x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card fabulous colours and detail ,Dawnxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Kim! I love lighthouse scenes. Your design is very nice and I really like that charm.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx