Saturday 17 September 2011

Fun With Fabric And Octopode Factory

Ahh Saturday, which means it is my day on the Quixotic Paperie blog and I thought that for my DT piece this week I would get all a bit fabric-y with the fabulous Ocotopode Factory stamps, new into Quixotic Paperie, and some yummy Prima papers.


I've used Octopode Factory Alice from the Alice in Wonderland range and made her a little quilted.


I've used the Octopode Factory Small Button Flower and the papers I've transferred onto the fabric are from Prima.


I've also used EZ Mount and Ranger Archival Jet Black which are both available in the  Quixotic Paperie shop


The paperclip was from Paperchase, or perhaps WHSmith, you know I don't remember! I'm just a stationery hoarder. 


I've also used a bit of black ZIG Fabricolor Twin pen on the make too.


This one just kinda made itself, I started with the idea of transferring the Prima papers onto fabric and wanting to make something with the Octopode Factory stamps and the rest just developed in front of my eyes LOL!

It was great fun to do!

Hope you all have a very creative Saturday.

Catch you later
 Kim 


33 comments:

  1. Cool and Funky! Great use of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous - love this - its different and a great way to use fabric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly fabulous Kim - the fabric and those stamps are made for each other. Loving your scrumptious colours big time and the stitching is just perfect. Lurve her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a super creation! You've done a wonderful job here and extremely inspirational! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is brilliant, i love it, especially the stitching. fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is fantastic kim.i love the padded image and frayed edges :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about this, its perfect. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation, love the background pattern and every details and the stitching is superb.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and the lovely comment.
    Wish you a nice sunday,
    hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing work, Kim. The fabric, the stitching, it's all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankx for your lovely comment at my blog.
    Love this fabric stamping project: very nice!

    xx Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is an extraordinary sample of mixed media art!! love the sewing here very much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Kim. What a great quilt you have made. Very beautiful. Really artwork. Love it. Thanks for your visit on my blog.
    Greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolbloominlutely fabulous make if I may say kim, I love the colours you chose and she is a real sweetie, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it Kim, love the little flowers they so make it stand out as does the work you did with fabric
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation!! Great way using fabrics. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the octopode stamps ;)
    and more than only the stamps, I like, what you did here!!!


    biba

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it and the stamps and transfers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! This is stunning creation! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This is fabulous Kim,really gorgeous.Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kim I love your art. I never know what you'll have on your blog and I love that too. Love all the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Kim!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a sweet comment...
    I find your blog very inspiring too. I just love all your creativity that you got going on...
    I will be your newest follower, and if you want to hop on back to my blog and be my follower too...
    TFS_

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute and creative! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kim this is so COOL I just LOVE it!!~

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love everything about this Kim - it's fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG this is just FABULOUS!!!! I love working with farbic too!!! Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, that's fantastic, love the sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. oooooh, this is just soooooooooooo LUSH and GORGEOUS!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx