Wednesday 7 July 2010

Gingersnap Creations Theme Challenge

My first make as Visiting Artist for Gingersnap Creations and the theme is:

Heat

Oh the lovely Summer months, so nice to see blue skies and sunshine! So I thought I would go full on vacation feel for my make.

I've used multimedia techniques to make this Summer picture. To give you an idea of the scale you can see the make mid-production at this post here. It is 21x22 cm and I'm planning to make it into the front cover of a homemade sketch book for my multimedia playing.


I've added texture with newspaper, some corrugated card and if you look closely you will see a doily too. There was lots of acrylic paint, masking and stamping involved. Great Fun!


The image was saved from a newspaper, I could not help myself - I loved it and just knew I would use it somewhere!


So the Heat is on, don't forget to check out the fabulous challenge over at Gingersnap Creations!

Catch you later.
Kim


14 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Kim. Love the orange and yellow.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. So retro, it looks like my mum in her heyday, I love it Kim, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEK Kim this is rockin girl....That sooooo look likes how it feels here...I LOVE how you made this card look soooo hot..brillant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really captures the heat of the summer, terrific. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fantastic kim
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is different, i like it - what a brilliant idea

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Kim I can feel the heat of this card lol...this is a wonderful work of art Kim the image those colours it is amazing.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can feel the heat from here, Kim. This is great and thank you for sharing the space where it was created. I love having a nosey.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  9. so beautiful Kim. Looks like you had a blast creating that.
    isa

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is really fantastic kim, fab retro images and love the vibrant colours and the texture.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. so gorgeous!! Loving the colours and the images youhave used! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Newspaper? Isn't that you on the right???
    This is truly spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a stunning piece, Kim - the final sketch book is going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have just discovered your blog and love this in particular! This will make such a fab journal. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx