Tuesday 29 June 2010

Sewing Patterns In Pink

My card today uses some more of the yummy Hero Arts Stamps sewing-themed stamps - I did warn you that I had a soft spot for sewing-themed stamps didn't I? So I've gone with a totally stitchy theme for my card with some fun sewing machine stitching and thread and button embellishments.

I've paper pieced the pattern on mulberry paper to give a bit of texture and pink designer paper.



The little card bobbin embellishment was made by stamping one of the Hero Arts Woodgrain stamps on card and cutting the shape out then wrapping it with thread.

Thanks for dropping in.
Have a lovely day.
Kim

Materials:
Stamps - Hero Arts Simply Handmade and Wood Grain
Ink - VersaFine Onyx Black
Paper - My Mind's Eye
Usual Suspects - Paper trimmer; Silicone glue; double-sided tape
Other - Thread; Button; Sewing machine; Mulberry paper

18 comments:

  1. Hallo Kim!

    Wow,sieht das toll aus.
    Eine wunderschöne Gestaltung und wie exakt die Nähte sind einfach Wahnsinn.
    Ich bin total begeistert.
    Auch alle deine anderen Werke der letzten Zeit sind wunderschön.

    LG Manu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!!!
    What you do with sewing....wow. I need to copy something :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply beautiful! love the clean look and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim,
    What a great card. I love the layout and theme. The stitching is fantastic.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the details and the originality of this card. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. wozer just gorgeous!! Love the main image, and then all the fab embellies in the corner! perfection!! and the colours are just scrummy too....such a fabulous creation! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kim this is terrific, brilliant idea. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! Love the red and black.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim, wow thats a fabulous card, love that stamp its just right for a sewing card and the way youve paper piecied the material very clever. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT IDEA, I love sewing, I'd be sew pleased, haha if someone sent me this card...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loveee your stitching on this card! Just fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card! I love all the details, especially the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very very nice,i love it!
    Have a nice day,Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous card kim and another sewing addict...great stitching and love how you used these fab stamps...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this, Kim!! Fab details, and I love how the stitching goes from straight to zig-zag in places!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Kim! Wonderful details and your stitching is beautiful!
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card Kim.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow! these are all so beautiful - love all your cards since i have last been there, brilliant layout

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx