Friday 9 April 2010

TGF Royal Battle News - Week 3

Something a little different from me today and something a little out of my comfort zone LOL!

The Quixotic Stampers (Elaine, Emma, Rowena and me) are through to round 3 of the TGF Royal Battle thanks to Emma and your wonderful votes :) Thank you all for your support.

Well, this week the challenge is a Scrapbook page and it fell to me to have a go! Oh Boy! Not something I do a lot of as you know!

I borrowed the lovely photograph from Elaine for this layout and matched it with paper from October Afternoon and stamps from The Greeting Farm.


I stamped out the clouds and then masked them and sponged on some pearlescent ink. Then I stamped the balloon and paper pieced it. The lettering was printed and then I doodled on them.


I love mixing fabric and paper and the flowers are made from fabric and I've added a bit of stitching to the layout as well :)
I would love you forever if you could cast your vote on my make by commenting in TGF forum and help the Quixotic Stampers to get through to the next round, I would hate to be the one that lets the girls down!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
xxx
Kim

Materials:
Stamps - The Greeting Farm
Ink - Archival black
Papers - October Afternoon
Usual Suspects - Paper trimmer; Double-sided tape; Silicone glue; Fabric glue
Other - Fabric; computer; printer; Fiskars border punchs

9 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Kim and well done for attempting something different! I've thought about having a go myself! Lovin' those fabric flowers too ;o)
    Hugs Tara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, love the way you have done the balloon, why do i never think of these things? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've rocked this challenge missus! This is such a fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG... it's too cute! You would never know you were out of your comfort zone. I love this layout best and would vote if I knew how... but you get mine for #1!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim this is totally adorable and fun and fresh, i love it
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely layout! Good luck to your team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a Gorgeous Layout Kim, you got my vote :)
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kim, what a gorgeous scrapbook page, and I love the flowers they are brilliant. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, Kim. You got one of my votes in the gallery (My user is tantalize). Like I said, very well thought out/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx