Monday 10 December 2012

Creative Expressions Masked Ball

I've always fancied going to a masked ball so when these mask stamps from Creative Expressions dropped into my post box I was intrigued! The stamp set is called Masquerade and has five different elegant mask stamps and some accessory stamps including this sentiment stamp.


I stamped my mask onto a Copper 4" x 4" Walnut Hollow Metal Square, cut it out and then shaped it with a large ball embossing tool. The peacock feather was stamped onto watercolour card and coloured.


The little bit of extra bling is an old broken earring that I've re-purposed for my mask. The background is made up of a book page collage with some elegant vellum over the top.

By the way there is a free Christmas card project from Sue Wilson on the Creative Expressions blog.

Ok, so I am ready for the ball - just need the invite now...!

Kim


17 comments:

  1. Sorry for the erratic visits hun, I just don't know where time goes these days! This is a stunner, and so inventive - adore the copper mask (you really are a clever little bean) and the colours are fabuloso! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now thats SUCH a cool idea for the mask Kim, love it! T xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always admire the way you take broken and recycled items into your makes, Kim. This is such a clever yet 'frivolous' piece - not frivolity in terms of the work, more the appearance. Gosh, am digging a hole here - totally complimentary! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim stunning, a masked ball conjures up daydreams of elegance and decadence, so much fun, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! this is stunning Kim.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mask stamped on metal Kim, love how you shaped it too. The text paper in the background is a lovely touch too as us your recycled jewellery. Love it. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sensational metal mask - I love how you've modelled the shape - wonderful tag background too - wow!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous metal mask and loving the fab background, x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Kim, I love that mask!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous Kim.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning sweetie this is gorgeous love what you have done here, huggles pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous creation, looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boah, Kim...
    mir bleibt die Luft weg.
    Das ist ja unglaublich!
    Was für ein tolles Tag. Diese Idee ist schon der Nobel-Preis wert :-)

    Richtig toll!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. wowzer!! Just LOVE it!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx