Saturday 19 February 2011

Retro Abstract Birthday

What card do you make for a man who is turning 40? Mmm... well if you are me you go retro abstract and what better way to go retro than with the fabulous Basic Grey Offbeat paper available over at Quixotic Paperie. 

Matched with Kraft paper - you guys know how much I love my Kraft and corrugated card LOL! Don't forget that Elaine now stocks Bazzill Kraft card.


I also did some hand-stitching which is made super easy with the Sew Easy Tool. You can even use the tool on circles. 

I used a circle Spellbinder nestibitlies as my template and drew my stitch line on the back of the paper. 



Then I lined up the piercing spike on the straight stitch head of the Sew Easy tool with the drawn line.



Using the markings on the head keeping it in line with the drawn line allows you to pierce holes in a circle. 


Just keep an eye on the last couple of holes if your circle isn't the perfect size you might have to make your own last hole to get the spacing right!


Elaine has been adding lots of lovely new things to Quixotic Paperie, the gorgeous Baker's Twine in all sorts of lovely colours are now in the store - I love these! Have you seen the wonderful new 50's themed Kraftin' Kimmies stamps? Well worth taking a look! Also there are some yummy new papers from Memory box - pretty.

Have a lovely Saturday.
Kim


Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card Kim. Fellas cards can be difficult at the best of times but even more so when it comes to 'special' birthdays.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a handy bit of kit! Another fab card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is cool, though i just cant get the hang of my sew tool thingy, glad you have more luck with it than me

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've definitely done better with the Sew Easy than I did - I sent mine back as I couldn't make it work!

    Great card and perfect for a chap :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Kim I have always used my Dads (and granddads) rosewood bradawl to make my holes (in anything) love the Manly Card, Hope your 40 year old does too -

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Kim... what a fabulous card... I love that sew easy tool... and the corrugated cardboard... what a gorgeous touch...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim, this is fantastic, love the gorgeous colours and fab stitching.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely fantastic male card kim.love the star and corrugated card :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card!!! Don't have one of those tools.. I don't do sewing very well though - lol... hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thx for the tips Kim! I have been too scared to try the circle but I'm gonna give it a go now!

    And brilliant card - I am going to deffo try some corrugated card - I know Steve has STACKS of it in the garage!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Kim, fab tutorial too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooo love the sew easy tool. Havent been crafting in a long while as I have been attending college - but I want one of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful tutorial. Thank you.

    Your creations are just fun. Love the grunged up look of it all!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx