Saturday 8 May 2010

Craft Barn Mini-Album

Hi Guys, hope you are having a lovely weekend. I'm sure that you have seen that The Craft Barn have been doing a fabulous mini-album tutorial and competition with sketches to follow and fabulous inspiration from the DT.

I've never done a mini-album and have wanted to have a go for ages so this was perfect way to ease me into it, LOL! Thanks The Craft Barn!

So here is my attempt! The Craft Barn gave us a sketch for each page of the mini-album to play with, one sketch per day. I've used Japanese book binding on the finished piece, threaded with fibres and calico, and you can see it on my picture for Day One. The rest of the pages where photographed before binding.

I decided to use as my theme photos from our various wanderings around our home town London, which I've taken over the years. With a rough and ready feel and lots of distressing.

Day One - The cover

Day Two

Day Three

Day Four

Day Five

Day Six

Day Seven

Day Eight

Day Nine (I've swapped the sketch around slightly)

Day Ten - there wasn't really a day ten but here is my back page :)

You still have a chance to join in the competition as the closing date is 15th May so get cracking!
Have fun!
Kim


Materials:
Stamp - Paper Artsy; Prima Marketing; Studio G Alpha; See D's Alpha
Inks - Ranger Distress inks; Archival inks
Papers - Basic Grey Ambrosia
Usual Suspects - Paper trimmer; Double-sided tape; Silicone glue
Other - Seam ripper; Fibres; calico; Acetate; Brads; Crop-a-dile; Photo-tags; Buttons; book plate; Underground map

28 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, wowee thanks for sharing your lovely book, it is just fantastic!I love making little books, am doing one at the moment on my russian dolls, may enter it, lol! Love the colours, those papers are beautiful! Good luck! hugs Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your minibook, Kim.....I love page 8 most!
    Have a nice weekend!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the word on my blog and congratulations for your mini. Very nice.
    Sorry for my pour english ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mini-book... so fun and so creative!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally rocked your first mini book! My favourite thing....that little flower made from a tube map!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim,love your style! The cover is perfect! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun album, love it Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great album Kim, really fun and such a lovely keepsake. Love Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous album Kim! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning, and a lot of work, well done

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim, what a fabulous scrapbook full of fantastic things. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great album Kim and wonderful photos's.
    Hugs
    Carole :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great album!
    Happy Mother's Day Kim!
    Thanks for all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks great! Love the style, it complements your photos well. I like your decition to focus on some ordinary everyday life. I'm inspired now, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Original and beautiful! I like this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic album Kim. Just love all your photos - you have a good eye for taking a fun and interesting photo !

    Good luck !

    Hugs,

    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colours and how you've used Ambrosia with fabric too. Really bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kim, I'm really glad you "dived" into the mini album world. This is a fantastic project which I'm sure you will cherish forever.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to play with us.

    Isa @ the Craft Barn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic book, the design compliments the photos perfectly. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hiya Kim! WOW your mini book is fantastic, I love your photographs, so fun and all your details, they're so imaginative especially the tube map flower. I'm thrilled to bits that you joined in on this one, good luck and hope you're well sweetie. Hugs, Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this Kim! Your album is great and gives a lovely flavour of London and you guys! Love the distressing and funky papers and all the textures.

    Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ton album est très original !!
    Et ta façon de travailler tes papiers également !!!!
    J'aime beaucoup !
    Merci pour ton p'tit mot !
    A bientôt !
    Hil scrap-hil

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, what a great mini-album ) I like it!!!! soooo shiny! The photos are great also!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a wonderful album - so creative, and I love Basic Grey! I've used all those papers up now, looking at your album makes me realise how much I miss them...Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Kim
    Just love your album and the simple way you've used the sketches, so clean and neat - beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at The Craft Barn
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Kim. Your album is fab! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along with us at The Craft Barn.

    Kay x

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a great album, so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx