Monday 3 August 2009

A Rambling We Will Go

Making good use of a borrowed car, we ventured out beyond the M25 (a motorway encapsulating London, for my non-UK readers) and found countryside for a very mini-ramble on Box Hill yesterday.

You can see the views were quite impressive, perhaps not on the scale of places like Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Scotland, Wales etc but hey these are mountains for us Londoners.


It seemed that most of London had also had the same idea to escape the City on a Sunday, luckily they did not feel much like walking so we had the places beyond the picnic areas pretty much to ourselves.



Happy Rambling
Kim

14 comments:

  1. Great Pic Kim, looks like you had a good time. I love the countryside, and living in Edinburgh, which is a very, very, mini London, we are lucky to have so many beautiful places to walk...Hugs Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pictures Kim. hugs rachxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see you must have a wonderful afternoon, I love the last photo with the tower and the bushes growing out of the top. I know of people flying kites on Box Hill as its the right place for that. with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I hope to visit the UK next summer if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Kim, these photos are awesome ... I would have loved to be there to ramble along such beautiful nature.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics, thanks for sharing

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pics Kim and looks so quiet,lovely. Glad you had a good time.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim, glad your enjoying your break! What super pictures, I love Box Hill, have spent many a happy time up there. Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful photos Kim. It looks a lovely area. So glad you are enjoying your break.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, I love these photos!! They're just so beautiful and peaceful looking!
    Hugs
    JOdi =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx