Wednesday 22 February 2017

VIDEO: Textured And Layered Art Journal Page Using Stamped Layers And Watercolours

Kim Dellow Layered and textured art journal page


If you didn't think you could make a textured, layered watercolour art journal page then I hope that my video today will change your mind! We are all quite use to using acrylic paints to add layers to our art journal pages but how about watercolour layering? It is a little harder as watercolour will react to water even after it is dry but it is still possible to work on a watercoloured background without it washing away!

And as for adding texture with watercolours, well there are lots of methods some you might be very familiar with such as using large salt grains or crunched up cling film or Saran wrap, but there are other methods too like using stencils and I share one way to use your stencils to add texture to your watercolours today along with methods for layering and creating this art journal page.


VIDEO: Art Journal: PaperArtsy Stamped Layers And Watercolours



Products:
PaperArtsy Eclectica³ {Kim Dellow} Stamps EKD04, EKD05, EKD06 and Stencil PS040
Winsor and Newton Artist Watercolour paint
Prima Marketing Decadent pies Watercolour paint
Faber-Castell Albrecht Durer Watercolour pencils
Ranger Archival Jet Black ink
Layout Paper
Scissors
Course sea salt
Brushes
Bockingford Watercolour paper

You may have spotted that I have used the new stamps and stencils that I designed for the PaperArtsy Eclectica³ {Kim Dellow} range?! If you haven't seen the new release yet then pop to my new PaperArtsy Eclectica³ {Kim Dellow} Stamp And Stencil Release February 2017 blog post from Sunday.

Meanwhile here are some close up pictures of this project, I love the way that the stencil texture peeks through the butterfly!

close up of the texture on the Layered and textured art journal page by Kim Dellow


more of the texture on the Layered and textured art journal page by Kim Dellow


Hope you enjoyed watching the video and shout if you have any questions!


Kim

***

Come And Connect With Me:

YouTube

Instagram

My Shop

Join My Newsletter!

Facebook

Pinterest

Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Love this page Kim! Colors are gorgeous, great technique!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous... happy I have watched it.. pleasantly..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx