Friday 13 January 2017

Geometric Designs For Card Making

So I don't think I am over geometric shapes yet! Actually I don't think I will ever be over them particularly in my card making! Ooops, do you feel like you have just walked in part the way through a conversation? Ok, let me back up a bit.

At the end of last year I shared a series of cards that heavily relied upon geometric shapes, mostly stars, and die-cutting. If you missed them you can see all four cards in my blog post un-originally called 'Another Die-cut Design For Men', yeah, my titles need work, I know!

Geometric shapes in card making

Today I have another card to share that falls back on geometric shapes and is actually another card intended for a man. But, as I said last year, geometric shapes aren't just for men you know! Don't see why they should get all the good stuff!

But I digress. It was for a man and it was a feast of lines! Lines everywhere. Lots and lots of straight lines, in the papers I used, in the shapes I cut out, in the lettering style, just everywhere.

But then what do I do? Just when you think 'ok, this is all about straight lines', I go and mount the design on some rough-edged Khadi paper! I know, mad right? I like to keep you on your toes! They call me maverick!

close up of Geometric shapes in card making

Actually they, don't. No one calls me maverick, but hey, if you want to you can :)


Kim




Come And Connect With Me:

YouTube

Instagram

My Shop

Join My Newsletter!

Facebook

Pinterest

Twitter


5 comments:

  1. Loving the geometric shapes Kim, great idea for a card . Have a lovely weekend. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy, you have a lovely weekend too :) x

      Delete
  2. Clean, easy make and good for use up all the scraps.
    Really nice!
    Greetings from snowy, windy and frosty Germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this....hate making male cards, my mind just blanks, so this is a good card for inspiration....could see it done in some pinks/mauves for teenage grand-daughter card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspiring card design Kim - love it !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx