Wednesday 14 December 2016

My 5 Favourite Art Videos of 2016

I have been trying to do more video content this year. It has been a bit of a learning curve, as with all these things, but I am now getting into the swing of it and I hope that I can get some more video content out to you in 2017. In fact I was going to post a new video today as part of my PaperArtsy Make and Take series but I have decided to save it and kick off the new year with the rest of my 2016 Make and Take videos, so I hope you will enjoy them.

Instead, today I thought I would start my year in review posts with a look back at five of my, and hopefully your, favourite art videos of mine from 2016 plus a couple of links to some other favourites from other people.

But first a little introduction to some of the videos I have been making this year.


Different Types Of Videos

This year I have made four types of videos for my YouTube channel:

Project How-Tos - which are start to finish walkthroughs showing how to make a specific project.
Tips and Tricks - with little shares of ideas to help your work or to use in your work.
Product Testing - trying out a new product and what it can do.
Art Slice - which are little snippets of weekly art inspiration.

I'm planning to do more titles under all of these headings so watch this space! Let me know if there is something else as well you would like to see me cover, I am open to suggestions.


What Is Your Favourite?

So probably my favourite video from the whole year, and most definitely your favourite video of mine this year, was the 'Get The Faux Print Look' video.



This year found me exploring printed looks and trying to get the look in different ways. For this video I shared a screen printed look that did not use screen printing. It did use the credit-card method for adding paint though, which is one of my favourite ways to apply paints and I'm glad to say that lots of you fell back in love with it too after seeing this video!


My next favourite video from this year has to be 'One Stamp Three Ways' which was a video hop/ collaboration with two amazing card makers Sharon Curtis and Michelle Short.



Michelle Short and Sharon Curtis are two seriously talented creators and I was very excited and happy to be able to work with them both on a project. I always love watching both their YouTube channels, so they are definitely on my suggested watching list! It was as extra special collaboration as it randomly came out of us chatting about making videos on Facebook and from that we all made a video using one of my PaperArtsy stamp sets released this year. So I feel especially honoured to see what amazing projects they came up with with my stamps.

My next two favorite videos are both from my Art Slice videos - Watercolour Worlds, which is the first one below, and Brush Pen Bloom, the second video below.





I started the Art Slice videos this year as just a quick, less than a minute, snippet of whatever art I had been making that week. And I've been posting one a week since around about the Summer. At first I was just going to put them on Instagram but then I decided to put them on YouTube too, it makes it easier to see them all under one Playlist. I hope you have been enjoying them, they have been a great way for me to get into the habit of filming more without the stress of doing voice overs, which I find the hardest thing to do at the moment!

The final favourite I have of mine to share is also from my Art Slice playlist.



It was my Halloween offering and a little bit of fun. The reason it is one of my favourites from this year is the little cheeky nod to animation at the end of the film, a little rough and unsophisticated but I enjoyed making it!


Just a small selection of some of my own favourite videos from this year, I would love to know what yours are (not just of mine!).

I'm going to leave you with a link to a super cute video from Iraville's YouTube Channel of the cutest little fluffy Robin red breast done in watercolour that you ever did see. Enjoy! And do leave links to any of your favourite videos at the moment in the comments below.

Kim

To find my other 2016 Round-Up Posts click the pictures below or follow the links listed:

6 Card Ideas To Revisit For 2017


6 Card Ideas To Revisit For 2017



Come And Connect With Me:

YouTube

Instagram

My Shop

Join My Newsletter!

Facebook

Pinterest

Twitter






2 comments:

  1. I've loved seeing more of your videos, Kim, and especially the Art slices, which have encouraged me to give simple line art a try. I also loved your collab with Michelle and Sharon and I really hope that you have more of those lined up. I've enjoyed trying your Paper Artsy stamps and hope there will be more of those too soon. Your voice overs seem fine to me - I just liked being talked to as if you're in my room showing me how to do something :) Thanks for sharing all your work this year! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Ruth! That is so lovely of you to say and I am tickled pink that you have been inspired by them too! You are amazing and I am so looking forward to seeing more from you next year :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx