Monday 12 December 2016

More Card Ideas For Men

Time for my third card in this card designs for men series. If you have missed it I have been posting a card designed for a man on Monday for the last two weeks, but, as I said in the first post of this series they really don't need to be designs just for men, you can use them for women too!

All the cards I've been sharing so far were made for the same commission, so there is a theme weaving these cards together into a set. The theme can be seen in the patterned paper I've used, so the colour palette, and they are all heavily using die-cut elements.


I use stars a lot in my cards. For me, stars in my cardmaking are a bit like hearts in my art journaling, they are my easy-go-to motif for finishing a design. No matter how much I try to break out of the star-using or heart-using rut I still return to them as design elements again and again.

They are one of my favourite elements, I actually have to stop myself using them as I use them so much, I just can't help myself! But I think they are particularly useful for this type of simple design, where I have not really used anything other than some die-cut shapes and patterned paper. For me I feel the stars give the card design some focus.


Actually, now I come to think about it I think circles are another one of my most over-used design elements in both my cardmaking and my art journalling!

So what are your easy-go-to motifs for your cardmaking or other creative projects? What shapes do you find yourself drawn towards over and over again?

Kim



Come And Connect With Me:

YouTube

Instagram

My Shop

Join My Newsletter!

Facebook

Pinterest

Twitter



1 comment:

  1. Stars are often my go to for mens cards too, I love what you have done here. I don't know why we struggle so much to make cards for guys, cards for my female friends are so easy to think of!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx