Friday 26 August 2011

Wrinkles Don't Hurt

A little mixed media project with stamps from Creative Expressions for today's post. 

I fancied getting my fingers all painty but I also wanted to have a go with the fabulous 'No Lines' colouring technique that Zoe from Make It Crafty has come up with. Love the look of this technique (as I might have mentioned before!) it gives images such an arty/ illustrator look. 

So I thought I would try it out on one of the images from the Wrinkles Don't Hurt stamp set.


I've added some extra texture with some of the Comic Shimmer Ultra Thick Embossing powder.


The 'No Lines' image was stamped with Sand coloured Memento ink and coloured with Prismacolour pencils. 


The sentiment is also from the Creative Expressions Wrinkles Don't Hurt stamp set.


So what you guys up to this weekend? I'm so looking forward to the long Bank holiday weekend here in the UK, I'm planning to take the weekend off! I know shock! But you never know I might get my fingers inky or painty at some point, I might not be able to keep away.

Have a fun Friday.

Kim


23 comments:

  1. So very Funny!
    Have a great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laugh - it`s so great! Love it.
    Big hug
    Andrea-Emmi41

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really really fun Tag Kim.
    Love the Lady. Gorgeous.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just brilliant!!! Love the "colouring in" and cosmic shimmer powder - tres cool! Have a great weekend off - I think you've earned it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, fun tag and a great technique, very simple but very effective
    Thanks for sharing
    Jeanette :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a terrific fun tag and has great artsy appeal. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fab Kim! Just love the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Kim, love the no lines technique and wonderful colouring. Love the background too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card - great sentiment, thank you for sharing the technique with us. It gives the image a different look. This bank holiday weekend i plan to relax and enjoy myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super fun tag.

    Have a great weekend Kim

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant tag Kim.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun...adore your tag ! gerri

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is stunning kim.your no lines colouring is fantastic :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really fun tag, I love the bright vibrant colouring

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great colours and texture - full of vibrancy and yum texture too...! Enjoy the free time and do whatever you fancy....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun and creative tag, it gave me a right wee giggle. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol this is fab, I really like how you have done the tag.

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW Kim what an AWESOME tag sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You always come up with something so wonderful Kim. I love this stamp and all the painty and rich texture to this tag. That corrugated cardboard is so much fun, you have me hooked.
    Lesley
    forgot to say, have a great long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the tag. Your colouring in is brilliant!!
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Terrific tag, beautifully created!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a fantastic tag, I love the textured background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx