Friday 25 July 2008

Beads On Cards

So here is a card for the wonderful sketch from Katharina on the Papertake Weekly Challenge blog this week. I decided to play around with beads on cards again partly inspired by the little beaded tassels on the card I made for the Whiff of Joy Guest Designer call and partly by my Mum who suggested I had a go at some bead embroidery on my cards.

I love the effect but oh boy do you need patience :) Even for this very simple beaded tasseled border on some organza ribbon. Even so I definitely think I will be doing more cards with beads in the future.



Materials:
Stamps - Hanglar and Stanglar; HOTP
Colouring - Promarkers
Ink pads - VersaFine Black and Sepia
Papers - Me & My Big Ideas
Other - Beads; Brown sparkle card stock; Organza ribbon; Invisible thread; Piercing wheel

11 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card, love the papers you have used
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, fab image and pretty paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Kim!! It's fab!
    I love how you took the photo with the beads to the left of it! nice touch!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eine tolle farbenfrohe Umsetzung des Sketches.Toll.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo he is so cute, really pretty papers too. Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Thanks for joining us at PTW for Katharinas sketch challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card ,love the image and the papers ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful Kim!
    I love everything about it and the beads are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim this is really cute!! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx