Tuesday 17 June 2008

My first...

Penny Black stamp was actually this 'Bare Tree' one, a recent buy that I've had my eye for a while and wanted an excuse to use it. Thought I would use it to have a go at the exciting first challenge from the new Penny Black Saturday Challenge. Thanks guys for an excuse to use the stamp :)

The Challenge over at Tag You're It this week is a fab colour scheme of Aubergine (eggplant), Olive and Ivory. What a great colour combo. Hope you like what I've done, it was fun to do.




So this tag was put together by stamping the image in aubergine onto white paper coloured with an olive ink pad. The corners were curled with a knitting needle and then the image was layered onto aubergine textured card. The corners of this layer were also curled. This was then in turn layered onto an olive, textured card stock tag and the edges coloured with a dark olive ink pad. Aubergine and ivory buttons and embroidery thread were used to embellish the tag. An aubergine coloured eyelet and some ivory, aubergine and olive ribbons and rickrack finishes the tag off.

8 comments:

  1. this is a lovely tag the buttons look great and i love the colours you have used. great work. thanks for joining this weeks PBS challenge :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Kim!! I love those curled corners - very inspiring! And I LOVE that stamped tree AND the shape of your tag! It's all perfect! Thank You so much for playing along again! ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous - I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous tag! Great use of the colours and I love all the buttons and twiddly bits! Thanks so much for taking part in this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim
    Great tag for the challenge and great use of the colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab tag! Such an elegant stamp, I've not seen that one. Really pretty work.

    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you put this all together and the color scheme is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulos tag, loving the colour combo - gorgeous and the cute buttons are great. Thanks for joining us at PBS Challenge, hope to see you again :)x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx