Sunday 4 May 2008

Bank Hols

So May has arrived and it is May bank Holiday here. The weather is warm, a little overcast but still very nice. I thought I would take some time to blog.

I have just so many projects on the go at the moment that I am finding it a bit hard to focus :) I don't know about you, but I do like to have a number of things on the go at once so that as you are waiting for one element of a project to dry, or come together, you can put it to one side and work on another project.

Only trouble is trying not to start too many things as I get too excited about a new thing and forget to finish ongoing projects. It is also nice to have end products after all.

So here is something I'm working on at the moment. Just waiting for some ink to dry before I can put it together.


Bought this great paper from K&Company and really liked how it looked with this rose picture from Botanicals ATC collection, memories in the making pack of pictures. I used 3 dimensional glue on the rose itself and aged the script paper by screwing it up and ironing out then inking with some distressing ink.



Decided that the rose should have a period frame. I keep also sorts of pictures in an 'inspiration' folder and had an old Christmas card tag from my parents that I really liked. This was finished off with the great period styling on the buildings along Piccadilly. I free-hand drew a frame around the rose onto tracing paper (folding in half to match both sides). This then could be easily transferred onto gold paper and finished with black ink (hence waiting to dry....).



And the final touches I stamped and coloured some butterflies with mica paints and giving them dimension by sticking three copies together so that the butterflies 'jump' out from the page.




All I need now is to put them all together :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx