Monday 16 May 2016

Sharing An Art Journal Theme

I've been doing a lot of drawing in my art journal recently. I have been using different kinds of Sharpie pens either on fresh pages or on pages that already had a few layers of paint left over from previous projects.

I've been sharing some of my surface design patterns on my Instagram feed and I will be blogging them at some point. But in the meantime here are a couple of pages that I haven't posted to instagram as yet, they will be going up today or tomorrow!

Kim Dellow - Page one of a two page art journal series


They are both pages from my Junk Journals. For both of these pages I've used white water-based Sharpie paint pens over acrylic paint backgrounds. The two pages sit opposite each other in my journal but I decided not to do them as a double page spread even though they had the coordinating paint background with the lovely green punchinella texture.


Kim Dellow - Page two of a two page art journal series

It is more a two page series with a red theme I think and the white sketched motifs links the pages together.

Have you been keep your flyers for turning into Junk Journals? If you aren't sure what I mean then you can learn more about my junk journals on my YouTube Channel or in my Reusing Flyers blog post from a couple of weeks ago.

What themes have you been working on in your art journals?

Kim

Kim Dellow blog post signature




Come And Connect With Me:

YouTube

Instagram

My Shop

Join My Newsletter!

Facebook

Pinterest

Twitter

4 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx