Sunday 6 November 2011

Sunday Round-Up

Hello Sunday Round-Uppers, how has this week treated you all? I've had one of those weeks where my mojo went on a little holiday and didn't bother to take me with it. Hopefully it is back and refreshed and ready to go for the new week!

How do you fancy a peek at a Work In Progress, WIP? One of the things that I've been wanting to try out for a long old time was making my own digital background papers but there is always other things to be doing isn't there? Well the recent playing with My Memories Suite has rekindled my desire to make background papers and digital art.


Here is one of the sheets I made in Photoshop Elements - I've called it Blue Lagoon.

I'm not sure how keen you guys are on digital art and crafting as I have a downloadable copy of My Memory Suite up for grabs as Blog Candy, but there does seem to be a lack of interest in it. Hey Ho, more chance for those who have signed up for it!



Talking about digital, David and I were up at Ally Pally (Alexandra Palace in North London) yesterday - no not for a craft show - yeah like I could persuade David to go to a craft show! It was for a celebration of 75 Years of TV at the old BBC Tower - you know that big metal thing that dominates the sky - don't tell me you miss it because you are too busy rushing round to the Palm Court entrance to get lots of lovely craft goodies?

It was a cute little insight into how Television started, check out this Radio Times exert from January 8th 1937, 'People you see; The Television Announcers' Interviewed by Guy Fletcher:


Oh My! I'm jolly glad times have changed (she says in her best BBC accent). I think I might punch anyone trying to call me 'Decorative'! 

Well that is me this week, but before I go just wanted to let you know that I have a Christmas article using the lovely Marianne D Creatables Christmas Dies in the current issue of Papercraft Essentials (Issue 74).

Papercraft Essentials 74

I used the yummy Bo Bunny Gabrielle papers which aren't Christmas themed at all and I made them all Christmassy! So you don't have to have Christmas papers for your Christmas makes.

Bit of a warning though, I'm used to the fact that colours might not translate from computer to printed page but even the Bo Bunny website shows the Gabrielle papers as ice blue and coral. How shocked was I when they turned up and were actually very green teal and not ice blue at all. Bit of a disappointment when I got my hands on them, I had picked them specifically for the ice blue and coral colour combo so was somewhat dismayed when I got them!

Hey ho! It still worked out beautifully thanks to the lovely Lee Jepson, Editor of PE, who was very accommodating!

Oh and one last thing! Don't forget Sarah's November My Mojo Monday with the lovely Jo Capper-Sandon this month and the fab challenge and giveaway. 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Kim


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love your own designed paper Kim. Just so you know, I havent entered the blog candy as I actually won my own copy of the My Memory Suite. Still trying to get my noggin around it! Ive never used any kind of digital software before so its all very new to me! You'd think at 31 years of age I would have used something similar but no!! Im not terribly computer savvy. Isnt that what husband's are for??! Congrats on the article in papercraft essentials magazine. Lee x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx