Saturday 29 January 2011

Sharing The Making Of A Shabby Chic Tag


Some more Shabby Chic for you today and this one is a follow on from my Shabby Chic make from last Saturday that I did for Quixotic Paperie. It is a little Shabby Chic New Home Tag and I thought I would share some of the making process with you today.


What you will need:
Paper and card - Cream card, designer papers Pink Paislee Sweetness pad is perfect as it has some lovely Shabby Chic colours and the big flowers to cut out.
Image - I've used the SCACD Guardian Hearth and Home, perfect for my 'Home' theme
Glitter Glue - Viva Decor Glitter Liner Holo-Iridescent
Crystals - I've used some Prima crystals but you can easily use Flat Backed gems or the Viva decor pens with your Bazzill Jewel Templates
Other stash bits and bobs - Glue, leaf skeleton, keyhole, Alpha stamps, seam ripper, Blending foam/ tool
Inks - Distress ink, Archival ink Coffee and jet black



Layers, Layers, Layers! I want to matt and layer my tag so I cut out three sizes of tags with the cream card as the background and then the designer papers getting progressively smaller but only by a few millimetres. I've also cut out one of the lovely flower patterns from the Pink Paislee Sweetness pad, so pretty!




Inky Fingers! I wanted to slightly darken the pink layer as it wasn't quite the colour I wanted so used my blending tool and distress inks to roughly intensify the colour. If you haven't got a blending tool or even some of the Rangers foam, don't worry - dig out a clean make-up sponge!



Oh I'm just so distressed! Yep it is time to get a but distructive - be brave - you can do it! I use my seam ripper on the edges of the paper and card and if you aren't sure what a seam ripper is, or it is called something else where you are from, I mean one of these:



They are usually easily obtainable from your local haberdashery and you can often pick them up for under £1 (but I have seen them more pricey!)




Oooo Shiny! Glitter time is here again and I've used the Viva Decor Glitter Liner Holo-Iridescent on all of the card and paper edges to add more Shabby Chic sparkle. This step takes a little patience but it is worth it!




Ok so everything is dry, you have coloured your image and stamped out the sentiment so all you need to do is stick it all together and add your gems and extras!



Quick - Shiny distraction alert!



Enjoy your weekend!


Pin It

13 comments:

  1. A stunning tag kim, beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooh wow this is stunning...I love this look, such a great mix of images!!! Thank you for the Tutorial too! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,
    This is simply stunning. Gorgeous colours and image.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally GORGEOUS tag Kim, and thanks for the tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag Kim, I just bought that stamp this week, and can't wait to try it out, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this Kim - the tag is beautiful...wouldn't have thought of using my seam ripper for distressing - must hunt it out.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tag Kim! Thank you for the turorial!
    Hugs Jacquelline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kim this gorgeous..........tahnk you for sharing the tutorial. Wonderful. Love S xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is gorgeous kim.i love the distressing and great image and sparkle.
    thanks for you very easy `how to ` tutorial :Dx

    xx coops x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim you are just so talented, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your tag... and your fun instructions... hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a tag challenge on my blog if you are interested? Would love to see an Easter entry in your style.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx