Saturday 18 December 2010

Scroll Works Gift Boxes

A quick and easy gift box today! Decorated with the lovely Joy Holly stamp from the Scrolls Work Merry Christmas Range. 



All you need is a some patterned paper, your stamps and inks and any extras you want to add extra touches to the box.

The stamp measures just under 2.5 by 4 inches so the box measurements are designed to match the stamp size.

I've cut out two rectangles from the patterned paper, one for the lid (6 1/8 by 4 5/8 inches) and one for the box itself (8 by 6 7/16). 

Score a one inch border on each side of the lid paper and a two inch border on each side of the box paper. Score a diagonal line in each corner of the border on both pieces of papers.


Fold each score line and smooth out with a bone folder, or ruler, so that the pattern is on the outside. The corners should fold inwards and can be stuck to the walls with double-sided tape.


I used distress inks to decorate and add a vintage feel to my box.


For the stamp I stamped it with sepia Archival ink, cut it out and then added colour to the Holly and berries with the distress inks. 


I stamped the image again in red and cut out the diamond-shaped sentiment then stuck it to the image.


I added glitter highlights to the image.


Then covered the diamond sentiment with Glossy Accents.


There you have it a super quick gift box for that last minute wrapping!

Hope you get all your wrapping done.
Kimx

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Stunning gift box. Love the glittry JOY...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its totally gorgeous Kim and thank you for the demo. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,
    What a fabulous gift box and a wonderfully clear tutorial. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim your box is just jaw droping!! Wow! you did a beautiful job. Thank you so much,
    Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning box Kim WOW!!! What an awesome tutorial thanks sweetie for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful box! Have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't come by very often, Kim, sorry! I too have a vast number of blogs on my list and it's so hard to visit and comment regularly but having made a recent trip through you blog and seen all of your latest makes, I had to leave at least one comment and this little box really jumped out. It's gorgeous! Hope you had a lovely Christmas, warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx