Wednesday 21 April 2010

Quixotic Paperie Challenge Blog Challenge No. 22

We are getting our feet wet over at Quixotic Paperie this week! The challenge is:

Make A Splash

Create a make featuring a water theme in some way, so boats, scenes, pirates are all the thing this week.

Here is my DT make for the challenge and I went for a paper pieced scene using the yummy Crate Paper Brook kit with a little bit of Paper Doll thrown in!


I've inked around the edges of the paper to add dimension. The lighthouse and boat from the Paper Make-Up Sailing By set are stamped on the same papers then coloured them with a light touch of my PrismaColor Pencils.



Well I do hope you are going to sail away with us on this week's challenge!

Have fun.
Kim


Materials:
Ink - VersaColor various colours
Colouring - PrismaColor Pencils; Sansodor
Usual Suspects - Paper trimmer; Silicone glue; Scissors
Other - Sewing machine

21 comments:

  1. What a cool scene, Kim! Love it ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. KIM! This is adorable!!!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS, Kim! Love your paper piecing--they colors and layering are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kim, love it.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Kim this is delightful.
    Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outdoor feel to this one. Not to mention the perfect stitching.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one fantastic creation! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This scene it totally FANtastic! The details in your stitching with such vibrant colors...LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, great colours! I love your stitching.
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours you have used and very nice composistion too!

    Congrats on the Front cover of paper craft (lol) still the cover to me hun well done

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOwW this is so awesome - what a great idea and the most beautiful design. You rocked this
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Kim this is FANTASTIC, LOVE this beach scene you created....So very talented you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so amazing, I love all the dimention, Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg i love the colours here! this is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your paper pieced scene, a fantastic card

    ReplyDelete
  16. way cool Kim! makes me want to sail away!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW stunning card. love all the fine details and those images are WOW.. need to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love how you created this gorgeous scene

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is wonderful. I do layers like a landscape or seascape myself. Not often that I see it though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Definitely one of my recent favourites from all of blogland. :) LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx