Wednesday 2 December 2009

Quixotic Paperie Challenge Blog Challenge No. 5

It's Wednesday and it is the Fifth Quixotic Paperie challenge.

This week's challenge, as picked by Martine, is:

Charms

Here is my offering today - I've used My Mind's Eye Colourful Christmas papers and the Bow-Easy™ Template for the silver bow.

The super cute Gossamer Cornwand Fairy from Amy Young at CC Designs has been coloured with Copic Markers and Stickles glitter. I've given her some sparkly lipstick too - now I want some glitter lippy!

Little snowflake punch shapes have been used in place of the little spiders at the bottom of her skirt to turn her into a Christmas fairy and I've used Glossy Accents on her wings and shoes.

Yeah - but what about the Charm? I mean that is what the challenge is about after all?

Well I've used a Fleur De Lys charm, that I've snipped off the hanging hoop with my pliers then fixed it to one of the little wooden Christmas tree shapes that I had decorated with white paint, book paper and Rock Candy crackle paint.

I would have used a Christmas charm - but I didn't have one! So a little creative panic and hey presto LOL!


But before you rush off, have you checked out if you have won November's £20 shopping spree at Quixotic Paperie?

Have a Charming day
Kim

Materials:
Stamp - Gossamer Cornwand Fairy from Amy Young at CC Designs
Ink - Memento Tuxedo black
Colouring - Copic Markers
Papers - My Mind's Eye Colourful Christmas papers
Usual Suspects - Paper trimmer; Silicone glue
Other - Stickles Glitter; Fleur De Lys charm; Wooden Christmas tree shape; Snowflake punch; Spellbinders Snowflake one; Cuttlebug; Vellum; Ribbon; Sewing machine; White paint; Rock candy crackle paint; book pages; Glossy Accents;

20 comments:

  1. This is stunning Kim!! Love your colors and all the glitz on the sweet image!! Beautiful layout and design!!

    I am so excited to be working with you at Inky Impressions. I can't wait to see your creations with these cute stamps!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim this is soooo pretty. Love the lovely lady's spider web dress, and so much detail in all the glittery snowflakes too. And the added charm is perfect, love it!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word Kim this is GORGEOUS!!! Your sparkle looks amazing!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly what Crystal just said!! LOL!! That sparkle is just amazing and your beautiful charms and accents are stunning!! Beautiful card Kim!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, love the sparliness of this image you colored. Really lovely! Congrats on making the Inky Impressions DT - I am looking forward to working with you. hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, she is beautiful! Great colors and details, super.
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card. Love the turquoise and the embossed snowflakes.
    Congrats on being picked for the II DT, I look forward to seeing more of your work.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow this is delightful.
    Absolutely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!!! This is gorgeous.
    Love the colours and all the glitter and papers and layout are fantastic.

    Hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim,
    What wonderful colours you have used on this card. The image looks so fragile - it's beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, love how you altered Gossamer into a frost fairy with all the sparkle and snowflakes...she looks gorgeous! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Christmassy card Kim! Love the image, great little fairy! Love all of the glitter! hugs Heidi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card Kim, love the bling!!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the color! It's gorgeous Kim!! beautiful snowflakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card, stunning colours and details, fab image too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
    anyhow thanks for the good read!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just beautiful dear fabulous colouring as usual
    Have a good Sunday
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  18. stunning card Kim, just adoable colours!
    I love your work since this, just caught up and as always it was a joy to be had!

    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx