Monday 30 March 2009

Paper Butterfly Collector

A little collection of paper butterflies for you. If your paper collection is anything like mine then you have a wide range of paper butterflies too :)

Details: These paper butterflies are from the Whoop-De-Doo collection from GCD Studios. Cut out by hand and detailed with a fine marker then shaped on a knitting needle. I've made a frame from cardboard and embossed the cover by hand using a cuttlebug folder as the stencil (well it was just a bit too wide for the machine!). The positive ribs are painted with Shimmerz - Mmm Choc-o-lat.


Materials:
Papers - GCD Studios; K&Co
Usual Suspects - Paper trimmer; Silicone glue; Double-sided tape; Scissors
Other - Fine marker; Shimmerz paint Cho-o-lot; Embossing folder; embossing tool; Knitting needle; cardboard; cardstock

11 comments:

  1. Wow Kim that's so beautiful and so original too. I love butterflies.♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a work of art hun! Great way to appreciate our stamps/images. Love that frame too! Hugs Heidixxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful project!! I love how you paper pieced the butterflies! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim
    Wow stunning creation...love it and all your other work.
    Woo hoo congrats on becoming a DT for making handmade cards...I'm on the team too.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowee! looks like it should be hung in the Natural History Museum! I love the frame and the old paper background. Fabulously creative!
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim this is gorgeous!!! Beautiful!!!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous...love what you've done with the butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a great idea Kim, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a great idea! I might have to make something like that, and hang it on my wall :-)

    The buttons are in the mail, hopefully they will arrive shortly! My address is in there too :-)

    Siri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning and so different.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummy card! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx