Friday 5 September 2008

Can't See The Wood For The Trees

I've never tried free machine embroidery before, not a whole project - I've played around with stitching but never actually made something. Well that is until now. The project came from Stitch Magazine issue 49 and was written by Tracy Curtis - the instructions were really easy to follow and inspired me to give it a go. So here is my first attempt at free machine embroidery and it was really fun to do - thanks Tracy.

I've yet to frame the piece but I thought I'ld blog it anyway. It is not a card - but you could make it into a card :)

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome hun well done its so clever xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. for a first attempt this is incredible, it took me forever to get the hang of machine embroidery, but once it clicked I love it.
    you really need to frame this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Kim!!!!
    I love this ~ it's just beautiful. I am completely talentless when it comes to anything like this, the only thing I can do with a needle {even ones in sewing machines!} is make myself bleed!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a splendid first attempt at machine embroidery - it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx