Tuesday 1 July 2008

Inchies

I honestly thought I would never get into Inchies - pieces of art that are only an inch by an inch square - but then I did a card with some almost inchies on it and I was hooked. But guess what? There is an inchies challenge blog, well that is it really - I've just added inchies to my ever growing list of craft obsessions. So this week's challenge on Inch by Inch is 'Thank you' and here is my submission.



Materials:
Stamp: Anna Griffin Nature Background; Studio g Alphabet Set
Inks: Tim Holtz Ditress inks - Walnut stain; Peeled Paint; Tea dye
Other: dragonfly metal charm; recycled cardstock
Equipment: water spritzer; Brayer; craft mat; felt block (you can buy this but I made my own); heat tool (optional); Marvy Le Plume watercolour pens; Silicone glue

Instructions:
  • Taking a piece of card from an old greeting card place on the craft mat and colour using the tea dye and peeled paint distress inks, water and brayer.
  • Leave to dry or dry with the heat tool if you are as impatient as me.
  • Stamp with the background stamp and decide which inch will be the best to use.
  • Highlight the plants by colouring with watercolour pens.
  • On a new piece of card stamp the sentiment with alphabet stamps and cut to size.
  • The edges of the sentiment and Inchy were distressed using the walnut stain ink and smudging with the felt block.
  • To finish the charm and sentiment were attached to the Inchy with Silicone glue.
Thank you Inch By Inch for sampling my inchy :)

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous inchy - so glad you found us - you will get "hooked"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful inchy Kim - love the background stamping and the dragonfly charm! They are addictive aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, stunning inchy, love the background it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate every single one!

If you have any questions please email them to me kim(dot)dellow(at)gmail(dot)com or make sure you have the 'non-reply' turned off so that I can email you via your comment. Thanks!

Kimxx